Increasingly, companies all over the world are recognizing the value that project management can provide to their performance. Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification has become the most recognized and internationally accepted credential for the practice of the rapidly evolving profession of project management. This five-day PMBOK®-aligned course prepares you for Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification examination and raises your project management skills to a more advanced level of professionalism and performance.
Project Management Professional (PMP) is a high level and internationally recognized certification administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI) in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, USA. Please visit www.pmi.org.
Tanzania Institute of Project Management (TIPM) is an African based Regional Partner of TenStep Inc. (www.TenStep.com) which is headquartered in Georgia Atlanta USA, specializes in project management methodology development, training and consulting. Through TenStep Inc., we are REP (Registered Education Provider) on behalf of the PMI with accreditation/registration number 1774. Today there are more than 40 TenStep Offices worldwide and our products are used by local and international companies across the globe.
The main objective of Tanzania Institute of Project management is to promote project management profession and practice in Tanzania and across Africa.
THE PMBOK 6TH EDITION
PMBOK is the framework which guides project managers for successful completion of projects according to the project objectives. PMI revises the PMBOK every few years to ensure the Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge is current and meets the changing trends and practices in project management. The PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition includes information on how to implement its approaches in agile environments
AGILE IN PMBOK 6TH EDITION
Many projects are embracing the agile methodology to deliver their projects. Hence, PMI has updated the PMBOK 6th edition with the relevant agile practices that are needed for each knowledge area. Moreover, an appendix containing practices used in adaptive environment is a great change in PMBOK 6th edition.
An agile approach to project management is being adopted by more and more organizations to gain a competitive advantage and accelerate the delivery and visibility of business values while significantly reducing project risks and delays. Project Managers should know this.
UPDATES OF PMP TRAINING IN TANZANIA
Since 2011, Tanzania Institute of Project Management (Tenstep Tanzania) has been running PMP preparation class in Tanzania.Our students comes from different industries such as Engineering, ICT, Accounting, Business, Medical etc. Our model of teaching, Material we provide, Review questions, Simulations Tests, personal support we provide during exam preparation makes our classes unique not in Tanzania but also outside Tanzania. Students from different countries such as China, Uganda, Kenya, Europe, Middle East and Europe participates in our training classes. We are proud to inform you that PMP passing rate for our candidate is 90%
There are two categories of eligibility:
- Category 1 requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, 4500 hours of project management experience, and 35 hours of project management education.
- Category 2 requires a high school diploma or equivalent, 7500 hours of project management experience, and 35 hours of project management education.
Consult the Certification Handbook for complete information on education and experience required www.pmi.org
In this class participants are prepared to:
- Handle complex projects guided by PMBOK Guide 6th Edition
- Understand technique for passing the PMP exams
- Apply an advanced knowledge of the project management based on the PMBOK® model
- Recognize both the content and format of examination questions
- Identify weak areas that require more individual study
- Pass the Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification examination
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Managers and project managers seeking PMP certification
- Mid-career professionals who seek to further develop their project management skills
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
- Earn 35 contact hours that is required by the PMI before you can sit for the exam.
- TenStep Certificate recognized by PMI USA will be issuedafter the training
- Learn useful techniques for preparing for and taking the PMP exam
- Be able to identify the processes within each knowledge area Learn to apply knowledge to situational types of questions
- Learn to select the best answer from four choices , apply earned value formulas appropriately and interpret the results
- Apply PMI’s professional responsibility policies to project scenarios Flexibility,
- Participants guidance program on prequalification, eligibility to take exam and exam process is provided
- Exam Simulator and Question bank with 1000+ practice questions
This course provides an overview of project management and covers the Ten knowledge areas identified in the PMBOK®6th edition along with a section on Professional Responsibilities:
|· Project Integration Management
· Project Scope Management
· Project Time Management
· Project Cost Management
· Project Quality Management
· Project stakeholders Management
|· Project Human Resource Management
· Project Communications Management
· Project Risk Management
· Project Procurement Management
· Professional Responsibilities
During the session, attendees will utilize practice questions to better understand the nature of the PMP exam. The instruction approach includes lecture, exercises and sample questions.
Project Management Professional (PMP) and experienced trainers facilitate the course.
CLASS LENGTH AND VENUE
5 Days Course (35 contact hours certificate will be issued) and three months free support and access to online simulation exams. The Venue is in Dar essalaam though sometimes we may run outside Dar es salaam or Client premises.
WHY PMP CERTIFICATION?
In some countries PMP is a mandatory qualification for Project Managers because it gives one an international recognition on Project Management Global Standards and provides staff with a solid background in Generally Accepted Project Management Principles, Knowledge and Skills.
It provides an edge when applying for various project management and related positions and be able to lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget, scope and quality
THE VALUE (BENEFITS) OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT TO ORGANIZATIONS:
Organizations having qualified individuals in project management provide assurance of;
- Completing projects more quickly and cheaply
- Saving effort and cost with proactive scope management
- Better solution “fit” the first time through better planning
- Resolving problems more quickly
- Resolving future risk before the problems occur
- Communicating and managing expectations with clients, team members and stakeholders more effectively
- Building a higher quality product the first time
- Improved financial management.
- More focus on metrics and fact-based decision making
- Improved work environment
- Stopping “bad” projects more quickly
Contact us today
Tanzania Institute of Project Management
PMP Admission Unit
Po Box 11161, Dar es salaam
Phone: +255(754)520353 or +255(22) 2119498
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org