In some countries PMP is a mandatory qualification for Project Managers because it gives one an international recognition on Project Management Global Standards and provides staff with a solid background in Generally Accepted Project Management Principles, Knowledge and Skills.
It provides an edge when applying for various project management and related positions and be able to lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget, scope and quality
THE VALUE (BENEFITS) OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT TO ORGANIZATIONS:
Organizations having qualified individuals in project management provide assurance of;
- Completing projects more quickly and cheaply
- Saving effort and cost with proactive scope management
- Better solution “fit” the first time through better planning
- Resolving problems more quickly
- Resolving future risk before the problems occur
- Communicating and managing expectations with clients, team members and stakeholders more effectively
- Building a higher quality product the first time
- Improved financial management.
- More focus on metrics and fact-based decision making
- Improved work environment
- Stopping “bad” projects more quickly