ARE YOU A:
- Project manager,
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Manager of project managers,
- Director of Project Management Office
- Member of a Project Management Office
- Manager responsible for establishing and developing project managers’ competence,
- Project sponsors,
- Educator teaching project management and other related subjects,
- Trainer developing project management educational programs,
- Project Management Consultant
OR ARE YOU A……
- Senior manager or Individual interested in project management
- Graduate with interest in Project management.
Just as the Business world is experiencing rapid change in various industries, the role and character of the Project Manager is equally in a period of transition. Over the next 10 years the Project Manager will evolve into someone much broader with more and new responsibilities than the traditional Project Manager of today. The Project Manager will certainly continue to oversee and direct investment projects in various industries but also evolve into a leader with well-developed communications and listening skills that create and nurture the all-important relationships and motivates, engages and develops others. The outcome of project management research indicates that the Project Manager of the future will interface with twice as many stakeholders than the Project Manager does today and consequently will require vastly improved leadership, people and thinking skills.
BASIS OF CCPM PROGRAM FORMATION
This program was established after 10 years of being in the industry in the country investigating gaps that exists among professionals in the field of project management. The basis were as follows;
- It must be needed and useful to consumers
- It must have technical merit.
- It must be comprehensive and balanced.
- It must be field tested or used operationally.
- It should incorporate evaluation and follow-up activities.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Certificate of Competence in Project Management (CCPM) Program is a three month (3) blended academic programme (Physical and Online delivery model) which seeks to develop sound and in-depth understanding on theoretical and practical aspects of Project management.
This course has been organized to align with the structure of the Performance Competency framework established by Project Management Institute of America www.pmi.org and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK). The Performance Competencies in the CCPM program are viewed from a process perspective, making the model simpler and easier to use. The course will also introduce Agile philosophy which is mostly applicable in the environments that are very dynamic and difficult to project.
OVERALL COURSE OBJECTIVE
The program was established with the objective of producing competent project management practitioners ready to handle simple and complex project in the country. It was developed to impact competencies necessary for accomplishing project objectives. The program also provide both individuals and organizations with guidance on how to acquire, assess, plan, and manage the professional development of a project management practitioner who is going to be responsible to manage both complex and simple projects.
Upon completion of this course, Project management practitioner should be able to:
- Demonstrate the required project management knowledge, skills and experience to clients and other stakeholders
- Acquire fundamental knowledge necessary for the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam preparations
- Provide confidently evidence of Performance and Personal Competencies
The program has been designed also to:
- Cover the range of competencies the project manager needs to demonstrate in the evolving field of project management.
- Capacitate participants to apply generically these knowledge to all projects regardless of the nature, type, size, or complexity of projects in which they are engaged.
The course is covering the following modules:
|COURSE CODE||COURSE NAME||COURSE DURATION|
|PMA02||Project Management framework and Agile||15 Hrs|
|PMK10||Project Management Knowledge Competence||15 Hrs|
|PAP01||Project Appraisal Process and Management Techniques||10 Hrs|
|PLC49||Project Life Cycle Management||30 Hrs|
|PMO01||Project Management Office||10 Hrs|
|PLP06||Project Leadership and Professionalism||15 Hrs|
|MSP01||Micro Soft Project – Software||15 Hrs|
|PTS02||On Job Training and Study tour||10 Hrs|
|CDP01||Competence Development Program||6 Hrs|
The CCPM Program provides a summary of the competencies that support project management practitioners Performance. The CCPM Program defines project manager competence by identifying performance criteria relative to specific elements and units of competence. Understanding the individual project manager’s current capability is essential to establishing a competence baseline. Measuring individual performance against a competence baseline will identify the project manager’s strengths and development needs. The dimension of Personal Competence looks at the project manager’s behavior relative to overall competence in managing projects.
The goal is to make sure that graduate from this program meet or exceed the baseline competence defined by the CCPM Framework by responding not only to international standard but also local environment surrounding the project.
NATURE OF PRACTICAL TRAINING
Practical is a corner stone of our project management competence based development program. The practical side involves case studies, field studies, visiting experienced facilitators, Guest speakers and Monitoring and Evaluation Lab discussion opportunities will all cement the reflection of what is happening at the ground. From day one, students see themselves as solution provider in the project management industry as each module give them a critical skills necessary for solving a particular project management problem. That is the best way to prepare their mind for larger assignments ahead of them.
PROGRAM DURATION AND MODE OF DELIVERY
The program is expected to last for three months, and combination of three approaches will be used to deliver the program:
- Evening Sessions
- Online or Digital sessions
- Study tour or Industrial visit
Assessment will be organized around continuous Test assessment (CA), template application assignments, study tour participation, online and or physical examination components. Each Course topic carries 100% marks. The final examination counts for 60% of the total marks. Coursework carries 40% of the total marks.
The CCPM Program serves as a foundation for individuals and organizations to establish and develop project management competence. The target audience includes, but is not limited to the following:
|a) Project Management Professionals (PMP)
b) Program/Project coordinator
c) Project managers,
d) Managers of project managers,
e) Members of a Project Management Office
f) Managers responsible for establishing and developing project manager competence,
g) Project sponsors,
|h) Trainers developing project management educational programs,
i) Project Management Consultants
j) Human resource managers,
k) Senior management, and Individuals interested in project management
l) Graduate with interest in Project management
m) Educators teaching project management and other related subjects,.
The prospective applicants must:
- Possess any bachelor’s degree and above in any discipline from accredited high learning institute.
- Diploma with more than 5 years working experience in the field of Project Management
The total cost for the program is Tshs 2,000,000/=